Tuesday, August 19, 2008

relatives and carousels

Last Friday the kids and I drove down with Grandma Donee to see R1's sister and her two kids while they were here vacationing in California. We don't get to see them too often so it was a lot of fun to catch up. We lunched at Red Robin (can I just recommend the Banzai burger to anyone who is going there soon, it is delicious).
I recently posted about important milestones in our kids lives and now, so soon, I have another one to report. The big day was Friday, August 15th. The setting was an outdoor shopping mall in Irvine, California. Yep, it was W1's first carousel ride. I don't know how we escaped reaching this milestone earlier. He thoroughly enjoyed himself, although you couldn't really tell by looking at him, his expression was so serious. But when the ride ended, he immediately wanted to go again.

Here he is with Grandma Donee and his cousin Alec just before the ride:
And a little aside about this: Do you call them Carousels, or Merry-go-rounds? Is this another one of those geographical naming differences like soda and pop?

3 comments:

Anna said...

He is so darling! I love those cheeks. Oh and, I used to call them Merry-go-Rounds, but now I use both terms. Product of being a US cultural mutt I guess.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

I definitely call them carousel's...to me a merry go round is an extinct piece of play ground equipment that you power wit your legs and jump on at the last possible minute. gosh i miss those things...wish people didn't consider them so dangerous...i think they're awesome.

Amy said...

I agree with Nadia. That is the difference between carousels and merry-go-rounds. And we're lucky enough to have a merry-go-round right around the corner at our park.

K1-looks like you'll be riding the Strong carousel when you get back.