Wednesday, December 10, 2008

NYC Thanksgiving Trip, Day 4

What, you say? Thanksgiving was weeks ago?

Right. I'll make this quick.

Saturday morning started off with the obligatory trip to FAO Schwarz, where W1 fell in love with a teddy bear larger than himself.
He had to settle for a slightly smaller and no less adorable version, which he then carried around the rest of the day.
After lunch we visited the Sony Wonder Technology Museum, which was moderately interesting, but mostly a big marketing scheme.

And then came my favorite, The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I could live in this place (isn't there a children's book where a couple of kids do? They collect change from the fountains at night to buy food? Does anyone know what I'm thinking of?).

This is a great place for wandering aimlessly, getting lost, and stumbling upon really amazing stuff.
Thanks for following us through our big city adventure!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Very cool. The picture of W1 is too sweet.

Amy said...

I was going to say how much I love the picture of W1. And I love that little bear. He is so cute with it. Hope you're having fun in CA.

Wende said...

Wow, looks like you had a great trip! Oh and the book that you're thinking of is "From the Mixed-Up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler"
Have a great Christmas in Cali!

k1 said...

Wende, thank you, thank you for remembering the title of that book! I remember loving it as a kid.