Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another glimpse of the Robinson house cuisine

Let's begin with this first, shall we?

“No matter what happens in the kitchen, never apologize.”
-- Julia Child





W1 said something yesterday that had me really confused. And then amused. And then slightly concerned. Here's what happened.


We had just finished dinner and W1 went to put his plate and fork in the sink.

W1: The sink is full, Mom, so I put my plate next to the mac and cheese maker.

(no, it isn't the sink-so-full-of-dirty-dishes-that-even-the-kids-notice that has me concerned...)

K1: Mac and cheese maker???

Upon walking into the kitchen, I found W1's plate sitting next to the microwave. This leads me to conclude two things. First, we eat way too much mac and cheese. Second, we eat way too much leftover mac and cheese.


Admittedly, our dinner repertoire has narrowed somewhat in the last month or so. Perhaps it is time to branch out again?






P.S. Julia Child also said, " I think every woman should have a blowtorch." So...

4 comments:

kelly said...

the babymoon is over and it's time to get back to reality. i hate that, don't you?

Shannon said...

Funny. Kids are dang observant.

Amy said...

I love your posts. And yes, you should have a blowtorch.

Kelly said...

Ha ha! We eat way too much mac'ncheese here too! The funny things kids say.. Kylan called the hand mixer a "little tiny lawnmower" once - hey, at least he knows what yardwork is right?