Sunday, February 27, 2011

L1's third birthday






On February 27th, we celebrated L1's birthday.

When I offered to make him a cake for his birthday, he said no. When I offered to take him to Wegman's to pick out a birthday cake, he answered yes quite emphatically. I might have been hurt, and felt that my baking skills had been slighted, had I not been so relieved.


And then, with no prompting from me, he picked out a delicious coconut cake. Such good taste for one so young.

He was a little excited about his gifts.


His favorite gift was W1's beloved (but outgrown) "Space is the place" t-shirt, which W1 had reluctantly and tearfully wrapped up.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute and sad that he gave away his T-shirt. What a good brother. Happy Birthday L1!

Camille said...

Happy Birthday to him!!!! Yes, Chloe just turned 7 last week, and wanted ice cream sandwiches. I thought she meant the kind I make...homemade cookies, then put some of her favorite ice cream in the middle. "No," she said "I want the kinds you buy!" No problem-o kid!!!!!