Sunday, July 3, 2011

RHF '11

That's Robinson Housing Fiasco 2011


Here's the short version:

Incompetent bank, miscalculations, lots of time wasted.

Sometimes, real life requires more mistrust and cynicism than I have, or care to have.



Ready for the happy ending?

The day after we found out that we would not be buying a house, a listing for a rental house popped up on craigslist. (The area we want to live in has few rentals, and they tend to be snatched up very quickly.) We called, saw it the next day, and signed the lease the day after that. Easy peasy.

A few of it's strong points? Central AC, dishwasher, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage, backyard, all interior walls freshly painted.

We move in this week.

I can't wait to unpack all these boxes.




P.S. Never, ever use Chase Home Mortgage, okay? Okay.

4 comments:

Anna said...

What?! That is crazy. I'm sorry it didn't work out but happy you have another place to go. You'll have to tell me details when I Skype into book club next week.

Amanda said...

Glad to hear that there is a happy ending! I had heard about the fiasco and was mad for you guys! Geesh... Ridiculous!

ESOdhiambo said...

Sounds like a sweet ending, anyway. Where is your new home?

Amy said...

Can I come use your extra bathroom when my only bathroom is in use? Glad it worked out in the end.