
So I watched this movie today while r1 was at school. Not that I think he wouldn't have watched it with me, just that he probably wouldn't have enjoyed it, and have been thinking the whole time about all the other things he could have been doing (like re-caulking the bathtub, right?)
Anyway, I didn't even know this movie existed until my mom recommended it to me. It's the story of Beatrix Potter. I thought it was sweet and charming. Of course, after watching it I wanted to know how accurate it is, so I looked her up on wikipedia (always accurate). I especially like that it says that later in life "the local children knew her for her grumpy demeanour". Funny in a writer of children's stories.
2 comments:
I too saw this movie recently thanks to my mom's recommendation. And I liked it. And then I wikied the story too. :o)
I did the same thing you did and watched this film while John was at work. I knew he wouldn't appreciate it. It was such a good film. I especially loved it because my favorite place I visited in England was the Lake District and the village where she lived. Glad you enjoyed it too!
Post a Comment