Monday, June 9, 2008

k1's new obsession

OK, for this post is it important to tell you that we don't subscribe to cable tv at home. We are just too cheap, and lately, free time is in short supply.

But right now, down in DC, we have cable. And it is close to 100 degrees outside. So I have had plenty of time to explore the shockingly large number of channels.

This is where my new obsession comes in: HGTV. Especially House Hunters and House Hunters International. Where they show potential home buyers 3 houses within their price range, and in the area they want to move to. The buyers then choose between the 3. Not especially action-packed, but I like to see the homes in different areas of the country and world. How they are decorated, landscaped, how much they cost.

R1 could tell you how much of a nerd about this I already am. Wherever we go on vacation, I always pick up those free real estate guides and pour over them. It's not as if we are likely to move to any of the places we vacation...

Well, I already feel better confessing all of this. Does any one else share my obsession? If not, what is your favorite cable channel? I might have to check it out if it doesn't cool off outside.

4 comments:

Amy said...

If we had cable, I would totally be obsessed with HGTV too. But my true obsession is the Game Show Network. When we go visit my parents I will stay up really late at night watching it. I especially like watching the reruns of Press Your Luck. You remember that one with the whammies, right? If we had cable my family would never be fed, or clean, and I am pretty sure I would not bathe either :) (and check out Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel. That is a family favorite too when we travel.)

Deborah said...

Darren loves House Hunters. I love Monk and Pysch on USA, we all love Dirty Jobs on Discovery, and I love Kathy Griffin on Bravo as well as Project Runway,& Flipping Out. As you can see, we are way into TV.

Shannon said...

I'm with ya. We don't have cable, thus no HGTV for us, but I just got back from visiting my folks in Iowa and they get that channel. I was mildly obsessed with keeping the HGTV channel on in the background while I fed Wes or played with him, which was pretty much all day every day. I love House Hunters, too, plus any decorating show where they have a budget and a deadline. I'm not sad we don't have to pay a monthly cable bill, but I would seriously love having HGTV. And TCM (love the old movies).

Erin said...

My name is Erin and I am obsessed with House Hunters! There it is out in the open :-) Yeah, I love that show too Katrina! I'm so curious as to see what all the houses look like. I do get a bit mad when people make ridiculous comments, such as "I don't like this color" -- just paint over it. Anyway, the show is usually on at 7:30 and then from 10-11 and the new episodes air Thursday nights -- can you tell how long I've been living with this obsession! Enjoy!