Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ode on Tregroes Chocolate Waffles*

A week or so ago, we got to see my sister-in-law. She lives in London, but was here in Washington , D.C. for a conference, and it was really good to see her. So we got to hang out and she got to meet l1 for the first time. And we got a scenic tour of Pentagon City as we got lost trying to find her hotel. The roads here are a little crazy.

And, she brought us these:They are oh, so delicious. Another perk to enjoy living in the UK.

And there is one more in the box here on the shelf. Technically it is r1's, if we were to split them evenly. But, he is not here right now, and I hear it calling my name...

*did everyone else have to read Ode on a Grecian Urn in high school? I've had that title stuck in my head ever since. But, the only bit of the poem I remember is the beauty is truth and truth beauty part.

3 comments:

r1 said...

Hey, Hands off the Tregroe !!

I am planning on taking pictures of it. (Then eating it) Yes, strange I know. But, I think everyone would like to see a close up of the actual waffle.

It is like going to a nice restaurant. How can you blog about it if you don't take a picture of the food before you eat?

A picture of the building just would not do. You need a picture of the actual part you eat.

That would be like disciplining a child before you take a picture of the crazy/cute they are doing.

Sure, if he is going to get seriously injured you stop him without photo.

PS If I were close to Wales, Tregroes is having an "Open Day" June 28th. Which I assume is similar to an open house.

k1 said...

r1, you're weird.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

Don't you love discovering new treats!? Oh so yummy! I also love the picture of I1 waking W1 up -those two are such cuties.