Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ugh, I'll never move again

I'm sorry that this post will be completely devoid of photos, but our camera decided not to come back to Rochester with us. I think it heard about how cold winter is here. The camera is stuck in R1's office in DC, but hopefully soon someone will force it into a box and mail it back to us. I didn't realize how much I used the camera until now!

A quick run down on what we all have been up to:

R1: Settling back in at school, and into his Young Men calling at church. (I should probably let him speak for himself here, because he would probably have something more exciting to say...)

K1: Slowly unpacking all the boxes that we had stored in our basement, and muttering under my breath as I do it. I really don't like packing/unpacking. It makes me want to get rid off all the excess stuff we have. If I just start giving things away, R1 won't mind, will he?

W1: His word explosion continues. Today he said keys and boat. Not words usually required for survival, but fun anyway. And he has rediscovered the word "no". Now he frequently says it to L1, while taking away a toy...

L1: He has just about perfected the commando crawl, so look out! W1 is about to experience a whole new sibling dynamic.

And we all worked hard on Saturday painting our exterior doors jet black. I'll have to post a photo later. I think they look pretty sharp, but R1 did make the point that if you just glance at it, it looks like you left the door open. A good excuse for a wreath or other door ornament?

2 comments:

Anna said...

I thought the door looked great!

Amy said...

I thought your door looked different. Now I know why. In the chaos of the playing, I forgot to ask.