Friday, November 14, 2008

John Adams

I just finished watching this amazing miniseries based on John Adams by David McCullough. It aired on HBO earlier this year, but I had to wait for the release of the DVD. I read and thoroughly enjoyed the book a couple of years ago and so it was with a little impatience that I waited to see this. And, I am glad that I was not let down. The acting was excellent and I think the script stayed true to the book, and history (as much as it is possible to, with the book running more than 700 pages).

Abigail Adams was played by Laura Linney. Every time I see her in a movie, I am impressed. Why isn't she in more stuff? Or maybe I just don't happen to catch the movies she appears in...

So, if you enjoy American history (this miniseries is quite long), I would recommend this to you!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I agree. It was excellent