Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cape Cod

After our two days in Boston, we spent another two days on Cape Cod with Grandma Donee and Grandpa Guy.

One day we took a ferry from Woods Hole to Martha's Vineyard and spent the afternoon wandering around seaside villages and making the trek to this lighthouse:


It was a bit of a hike, but when we got tired we put L1 to work pushing the stroller.


The second day was spent touring the Cape and enjoying the beach:


On our drive back to Rochester, we took the scenic route through Newport, Rhode Island. There we admired (from afar) the many mansions built during the Gilded Age. We also stumbled across many a small rocky inlet perfect for anchoring the sailboat of R1's dreams.


At one point while driving, L1 was pointing at something and saying "apple". I'm not sure what he was pointing at, but it wasn't an apple. W1 said "No L1, it's not an apple." L1 kept repeating "apple" over and over, and W1 became quite frustrated, almost to the point of tears. From the driver's seat, I found all this quite funny. It also illustrates how too much time in the car and staying up late can have quite an effect...

1 comment:

Camille said...

You all have such wonderful adventures!!! I sure wish we could join you on some of them...one day I will make it to Boston. I have ALWAYS wanted to go there!!!!
The boys are getting so big...how's the pregnancy going?