Today, finally, the weather was gorgeous. Blue sky, sunshine, warm(er). This morning the temperature was 25 degrees, but by this afternoon it had warmed to about 55! The snow has almost all melted, all that remains are dirty piles in parking lots.
And, to the delight of small boys everywhere, it is very muddy out there. Today, w1 and his friend Jack discovered a marvelous mud puddle at the park, and dove right in. It perhaps was the most fun w1 has had in several months, definitely the messiest fun. Before we left to walk home, I had to strip him down to his diaper (which was also muddy, but I decided to leave him a little dignity). I figure it can't get much messier than that, so bring on spring and all the dirty outdoor fun!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It was a blast to watch W1 and Jack. Once I gave in to the fact that Jack was going to jump in those puddles and have fun, I felt much better. Jack feel asleep so easily tonight after his fun at the park.
that should be fell asleep and not feel asleep.
I think Diego would have loved to have been there. Mud is his favorite thing besides bugs.
I'm so happy your days are getting brighter and things are finally starting to look like spring. Enjoy!
Wow 55 degrees...that would be nice. It's still hovering in the high 30s here, though it "warmed up" 40 the other day.
i think the day that the snow melts in Rochester is one of the happiest of the year! After Albuquerque we're thinking of going to an American territory in the middle of the ocean...the beach sounds nice.
Post a Comment