Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hey, R1 is really old.

And on February 11, he turned another year older.

We celebrated with sourdough waffles for breakfast, pizza for dinner, and buttermilk pie. W1 and L1 helped him to unwrap his presents.


We then spent the rest of the evening packing so we could leave early the next morning for a trip to Washington, DC.

I find it interesting that when I look at him now, I really don't think he looks much different from when we first met (except for the beard). So, to prove to myself that he does indeed look older (more mature? should I not keep saying old?), I have been looking at some old pictures. Here is a picture from 2003, on a camping trip to the San Rafael Swell in Utah.


He looks very serious. Perhaps he was focusing on not falling over the edge of the cliff.

Oh, and he still has the shirt he is wearing in this picture. And the shorts. I'm pretty sure I finally threw out those shoes he was wearing last summer.

So, R1, happy birthday! Aren't you so glad I blogged about it?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Woo-hoo! I told John that it was his brother's birthday, and he was like, Oh yeah! Glad he had a nice one. We had fun camping that year with you guys down south in Utah. I guess that was kind of a long time ago now. Hope you had fun in D.C., too. Oh, and tell Ross that my brother Josh is looking for jobs now...he defended his thesis last week and passed!