Some of my favorites were:
Our tour of the Capitol building. It is a very impressive building, and I was glad for the chance to see the inside.
The National Botanical Gardens. Because flowers and greenery are in such short supply this time of year, it was quite therapeutic to wander through and gaze at the beauty.
The Library of Congress. Especially the main reading room (which usually isn't open to the public, but we happened to stumble upon one of the rare days that it was). I am ashamed to say that I was most familiar to with the Library of Congress because of the National Treasure 2 movie. Yep, I get all my knowledge from pop culture.
The National Archives. Here we viewed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. And I really wanted to show you this picture with the absolutely clear blue sky. So nice. Not that it was warm. But sunshine sure is lovely.
We also ate at California Pizza Kitchen and Chipotle, two places unavailable to us in Rochester. And delicious!
W1 also had a few favorites:
Riding on the carousel with Grandma
The National Air and Space Museum (he still asks me every day for "airplanes, again?")
The transportation exhibit in the American History museum - locomotives inside!
Riding every day on buses and trains
L1's favorites:
Running around on the grass on the Mall
Hanging out with Grandpa, Grandma, and his aunt and uncle!
So, you guys, what do you say, same time next year?
3 comments:
Beautiful pictures!
wow, i need to show these to wendi. she doesn't remember when we took her so she wants us to take her there for her 8th birthday. she always has the weirdest requests.
The Sheltons are jealous. We love D.C.
Post a Comment