After he learned to say his own name, sometime last fall, he was constantly talking in the third person. "W1 eat it", "W1 get shoes on", etc.
Then, in early January, he decided that he was a caboose, and decided his name, also, was Caboose. Our conversations went something like this:
K1: "W1, what do you want for breakfast?"
W1 (pointing to himself): "Caboose."
K1: "Caboose, what do you want for breakfast?"
W1: "Peanut butter toast."
W1 has also given train names to the rest of us. L1 is box car, R1 is tank car, and I am the train tracks. I'm not going to think too deeply about the meanings behind these name assignments.
It is perhaps telling that W1's current favorite book is Bill Peet's The Caboose Who Got Loose:
It (along with Peet's other books) is a very fun read.
We are now into the first week of February, and this little quirk of his is already starting to pass. I am just a tiny bit sad.
5 comments:
Aren't kids funny? He will find another way to amuse you soon.
that is adorable.
I am sad when phases like this pass too. You will be glad you wrote this down so that Caboose can be remember it later.
Who knows what form of transportation will facinate him next. He's so cute.
If W1 is still into trains, I just heard the most adorable song that he would love. I believe it is called "Little Red Caboose" (at least that's the main part of the chorus of the song). I got it on a silly sing-along CD; maybe you could find it on the vast internet!
Post a Comment