Saturday, June 20, 2009

Something to add to the list

The Things-I-Want-to-Have-in-Our-Yard-When-We-Settle-Down list that is.


Citrus trees! Definitely orange, tangerine and grapefruit. And hey, why not a lemon, also? Oh, and of course lime! (Could this be influenced by all the fresh fruit we are picking and eating in California right now? Exactly.)


Ah, but what if we live in a climate that is deadly to these trees? We will just have to have a sun room, or greenhouse, or something. We'll find a way to beat Mother Nature. All to have fresh citrus.


See? W1 agrees with me.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like great weather and great fruit. Happy picking.

Anonymous said...

Owning a house and having a couple kids doesn't count as settling down?

Deborah said...

I can't even imagine what that would be like. We live for citrus.

k1 said...

Hmm, anythingrelevant. You have a good point...

Wende said...

Reminds me of walking through the orange groves when I was a kid in Florida. The air was orange-scented and the fruit was the sweetest you could imagine. I'm with you on having some nice citrus trees! Hope you're enjoying Cali!