Friday, July 24, 2009

Some recent randomness

L1's new favorite word is 'water'. Just go for a ride in a car with the kid during a rainstorm and you will hear your fill of it.

We went and looked at a car yesterday (from craigslist), and after the owner told us how he bought it from "a friend of a friend in Kentucky who got it from someone in Texas" and boasted about how much work he had done to it himself, "you know, lifting out the engine and changing the gaskets", R1 and I decided to pass...

Don't say the word camping around W1. If you do, he will inform you 100 times that he would like to go. Right now.

R1 and I had our 10th anniversary last week. It sort of just passed us by. Next year, for our 11th, I say we go all out and maybe go out for dessert or something.

Lately, it has been warm and muggy. Our freezer has been rapidly emptying of popsicles.

We purchased a farm share this year, and we've been enjoying lots of fresh veggies. Including green beans that W1 eats like they are candy. L1 spits them out like they are, um, not candy.

While having breakfast for dinner a few nights ago, I realized that everything we were eating was brown. French toast, hash browns, sausage. Perhaps this shouldn't have made a difference, but it did.

Last night W1 had his first monster-under-the-bed incident. It was a shark, and it was scary.

L1 and W1 have started to really like playing together. W1 gets pretty lonely while L1 is taking his nap, and I have to stop him from running in to wake him up. Here they are bonding over some ice-cold limeade:

No comments: