Friday, February 8, 2008

explain this to me

So, last week I was at Target to pick up some essentials, when I remembered that we really needed shaving cream. We had been all out for a while, and I kept forgetting to put it on the grocery list. r1 had been using mine towards the end there (raspberry is a gender neutral scent, right?), but don't tell him I told you.

Anyway, I remembered at Target and headed over to the aisle. Here is where I ran into trouble. There is Target brand women's shaving cream, and Target brand men's shaving cream. Same size, 7 oz. The women's is $1.89, and the men's is $1.59. Are women simply more willing to pay more for that sort of thing? And is this true of all brands and products? So if you see me in the future at Target in the health and beauty section furiously comparing prices, this is why.

Being the cheapskate that I am, I bought that men's shaving cream for both of us. I figure it works the same, but I might smell a little manly.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Hahaha! That cracked me up! I would have never noticed, but I think all the women should revolt.

Amy said...

Can't wait to smell the manly new you!

April said...

I'm gonna have to check the deodorant price differences! Maybe we can smell manly together!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

i have the exact same problem with Old Navy. A simple t-shirt at old navy, may or may not have anything on the front, will always ALWAYS cost at least 2-3 dollars more. It drives me insane!!!!!!