Friday, February 15, 2008

our endless name hunt

r1 and I apparently don't have the same taste in names (to say the least). So, picking out a name for our second child is proving to be... um, a challenge. I try asking w1 for his opinion, but I think he has wisely decided to stay neutral. We even have looked at our genealogy, desperate for inspiration. And, although Olaf does show up an awful lot on my side of the family, I don't think we will be using it! (sorry, Dad)

As we scour the baby name books, and this really cool website,

http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html

I notice a lot of perfectly good boy names that are now also being used for girls. Here are some:

Blake
Hunter
Logan
Jordan
Ryan
Quinn
Riley
Taylor

Why? I met a girl in high school who was named Kevin. What were her parents thinking?

Anyway, wish us luck finding a first name and a middle name we agree on!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I say leave it to fate. Toss a bunch in a hat and draw! Good luck!

Amy said...

You better find one fast or you may leave the hospital without a name on the birth certificate like my husband. His original birth certificate says baby boy Shelton and another certificate is stapled to it with his name that was chosen several weeks later.

April said...

I like Olaf. Olaf good.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

yeah, i understand. boy names are so much more difficult for us. i have a tons of girl names that i love, but boy names are just hard. sorry wl hasn't picked anything for you. Beckham chose Ravi's name! I agree with april, i like olaf. how about lars? does that show up at all?