Thursday, January 1, 2009

A flurry of activity...

...not unlike the actual flurries being experienced by people in other parts of the country. (I'm sorry.)

It is always nice to be on vacation, but I didn't actually intend to take a vacation from this blog as well. I'm sure you are all wondering what we have been up to. So, to satisfy W1 and L1's adoring fans, let's do a quick sum up of our Christmas.

Gingerbread house construction, and subsequent destruction (which I think W1 started when we caught him sneaking M&M's off of the landscaping).
Christmas tree decoration, with a little help from W1's uncles. W1 and L1 only broke 2 ornaments during the couple of weeks the tree was up. A miraculously small number, considering. Grandma just took the tree down today, so we can now breathe a little easier.
Matching festive holiday shirt wearing. As if they had any choice in the matter.
W1's first piano lesson from Great-Grandma.
And a lovely stocking Christmas morning, mostly filled with socks, toothpaste, and fruit snacks. Aren't we mean? Or, isn't Santa mean?
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, filled with family, friends, and lots of fattening foods.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like you are having a nice time. Enjoy that weather...you have to come back ya know?

Amy said...

I need to stop enjoying the fattening food. It is all so good. W1 needs to come home so he can play in the snow with Jack. Glad that you're having a great time.