Don't be fooled by L1's sweet, innocent looks.
Yesterday we went to play date where I was asked if L1 was walking yet.
"Oh, no." I replied. "He can stand on his own, and shift his weight a little bit, but he hasn't really taken steps yet."
L1 apparently took this as a throwing down of the gauntlet. He was thinking, "Mom sure is making me sound like an underachiever, when all I have been waiting for is an audience of the appropriate size."
He then proceeded to take at least 4 steps in a row, all kind of matter-of-factly.
Way to make me a liar, kid.
The best part is how excited W1 is about L1 walking. All yesterday afternoon he wanted to hold L1's hand and walk with him around the living room.
So, now do I have to say I have two toddlers? Yikes. I guess I must. Why else would I have checked out multiple books on discipline from the library today?
4 comments:
It was pretty amazing to see him walk right over to you. And I also have multiple discipline books to read and some on hold at the library. We'll compare notes.
He looked like he has known all along how to do it - he just needed some motivation.
Wow, I can't believe you have 2 toddlers!
And I'd love to know what books you like. Are you going to review them on goodreads?
esmiley, I'll be sure to review the discipline books on goodreads. I read one about a year ago that I really liked, but now can't remember the title or author. I'm pretty sure if I saw the cover I would recognize it...
Things like that make me wish goodreads had always existed, and I had always been using it!
Post a Comment