Saturday, August 15, 2009

Expect tasty bread

- if you visit our house. That is, if I manage to create the breads described in this book:


R1 gave it to me yesterday for my birthday. I have been dying to get my hands on it, so I am especially excited to have my very own copy!

To describe my birthday yesterday, let me just tell you what was on the menu:

  • Waffles with fresh peaches, strawberries and cream.
  • Popcorn and chocolate milk with W1 and L1.
  • Chipotle burrito (I am fully converted to the carnitas-and-pinto-beans-are-the-best-combination camp).
  • Ice cream cake made by R1.

It was a fun and delicious day. Thank you to all my wonderful family and friends!



(and now I will spend today recovering and eating mainly vegetables.)


(and leftover ice cream cake.)

2 comments:

esmiley said...

Kevin and Grace had an ice-cream cake for me too! (They didn't make it like R1, but it was from Abbott's). So this week I've eaten a LOT of salad AND ice-cream cake! :o)

That cookbook looks fabulous. You'll have to tell me if you find any new favorites.

Anna said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a nice day.