The great packing fest of 2010 has begun.
Or perhaps it should be called the great re-packing fest of 2010. This is partly (only partly) due to the the fact that we put quite a few things into boxes in the basement while our house was on the market in an effort to make our closets look spacious (an impossible task? yes.). The other reason it is a re-pack? All those boxes that haven't been opened since we moved them into the basement in 2004.
Go ahead and judge.
Done? Okay.
It has been kind of fun to finally open them up and see what we have been missing. Like my full set of Laura Ingalls Wilder books, complete with my name in fancy 3rd grade cursive inside each cover. At least 4 hammocks that R1 brought back from Brazil. Random pictures from both of our high school careers (these are pretty hilarious, I wish I had a scanner.). My flute, which I gave up playing in the 9th grade when I caved to peer pressure and joined the cross country team instead, because it was cooler to get all sweaty wearing shorts and a tank top than a wool marching uniform.
And my personal favorite, the reply to a letter I sent to the Lego company in 1985 complaining that they didn't make enough sets for girls. As someone who generally prides herself on being a tomboy, I think it shocking that I even sent this.
Thus, I will be embarking on a complete self image re-evaluation. If, the next time you see me, I have taken to wearing hair bows and sparkly nail polish, I will have reverted to my 1980's girly girl self. Apparently, she is hidden in here somewhere.
P.S. I know! Our house is sold! We are packing our belongings! Where are we going? Yeah, we don't know. Next step, find a map and some darts.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hairbows and sparkly nail polish. That is something that could be fun:)
Post a Comment