Sunday, December 12, 2010

I confess, I am a closet Anglophile



One cold morning, we decided to watch the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. We were a little late (and by that I mean right on time, not standing at the gates since the crack of dawn), so we didn't have the best view:


But the kids enjoyed it since it involved soldiers and horses.


We then walked through Green Park:


Then along Piccadilly and Regent Street (with a stop in Hamley's) to the Carnaby Street shopping area:


We met my brother Brody for some fish and chips:


Then we were off to the Imperial War Museum, which I enjoyed way more than I expected to.

For R1, they had an exhibit about spying and espionage, for me there was an exhibit on the Second World War including war propaganda and a replica 1940's row house, and for W1 and L1 there were planes, tanks and submarines.

We saw only a fraction of the exhibits, and would gladly return if we had a chance!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love these posts. Love the exciting travels.

kelly said...

i'm jealous. I'd be more jealous if you were alone, without kids for maybe say...a year?

Shannon said...

Anglophiles unite! More photos, please!