Thursday, March 5, 2009

I just couldn't believe my luck.

When yesterday both W1 and L1 fell asleep on the way home from lunch. And then they both transferred asleep to their beds. It was beautiful. W1 has lately been skipping naps, so it felt especially lucky to have him asleep.

So then, I had to figure out what to do with my unexpected free time. I read once that doing housework during naptime is "soul-destroying", so naturally I decided to avoid that.

Instead I:

1. Daydreamed about a vacation to Guernsey, thanks to this book and certain members of my book club suggesting we take a field trip there. I checked online, and you can fly there from London Gatwick airport, so there really should be nothing stopping us. If we visit, we are promised:

"A heady mix of stunning scenery and the best of contemporary living, Guernsey is the perfect destination. Inspiring walks along the cliff paths, rambles through the rural interior or lazy days on the island’s beautiful beaches, Guernsey has it all."

I am already mentally packing my suitcase.

2. Attempted to get caught up on current events. Particularly this. And this.

3. Salivated over this recipe for double chocolate cookies (look at the ratio of chocolate and sugar to flour!). Then went downstairs and had an apple instead.

And guess what?

This morning we went to the zoo (yes! it was sunny and warm enough! yay!). W1 and L1 again fell asleep on our way home.

Making this blog post possible. And maybe a little progress on the large pile of laundry.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful afternoon. My suitcase is packed too. When do we leave?

Deborah said...

Everything Amy said and more.